Birth & Early Years
Alexander Wilson was born on the 6th July 1766 at Paisley, in the Seedhill area of the town. The family house provided a fine view of "The Hammils", a rocky outcrop and small waterfall on the river Cart. To distinguish the house from others a plaque was placed in the front wall in 1841 by David Anderson of Perth (Burns, 1910). The memorial has since vanished along with the house. A new monument to him stands on the Seedhill side of the river Cart produced by sculptor, Alexander Stoddart in 1995.